1700 University Drive
AIA approved Presentation:
Create a safer environment and reduce hospital-acquired infections by using continuous disinfection utilizing visible light and best practices in manufacturing healthcare luminaires.
- Identify the types of Healthcare Acquired Infections (HAIs) and their collective impact upon the US healthcare system.
- Learn how infections can be acquired through the built environment.
- Describe the range of solutions to improve environmental hygiene which are available to healthcare providers.
- List the characteristics of specification grade light fixtures that can reduce the spread of pathogens within the environment.
- Recognize the benefits of continuous environmental disinfection and the areas within a healthcare setting where it is best used.
Speaker: Jay Massa, Kenall Manufacturing Company
Cost: Members: $20, Non-members: $25 (includes lunch),
Students, $10 (includes lunch)
(Cash, Check, or Credit Card)
Check-in starts at 11:30. Presentation begins at 12:00.